Thursday, November 18, 2010

Terrible Thursday

Today definitely lands itself in the top twenty worse days of my life. My laptop is broken, I can't take criticism at all, I cried for half an hour and haven't been able to sleep to name a brief number of the things that made today so awful. Sure, doesn't sound that bad, but I made a two page list in my journal of everything else.

I have no idea why today was so bad, it just was. And I randomly really miss my Grandpa. He died when I was about 8 and he'd moved back to California. Decided the Midwest wasn't for him. I didn't even get to go to the funeral. I really miss him.

On a brighter note at least my NaNo novel is done so I don't have to worry about trying to update my word count for the rest of the month. Hopefully my laptop will be fixed soon and I can validate my word count by the 25th. I'm excited about this one. It's way better than last years was. Stronger plot, characters, etc, etc, etc. All that good stuff.

Mm, and my current project in Drawing class is massively depressing me. We're doing a narrative of our childhood. Sadly, mine is digging up far too many bittersweet, angry, depression inducing memories for my liking. I love and hate the image at the same time because it shows everything I've ever lost in life. Sure, my life could be way worse. I have all of my family members, the first best friend I've had since...well, a long time, and a roof over my head. Plus I'm at the most amazing University in the world and have had a chance to know some of the most influential, loving people of my entire life. But it seems like everything went down hill after I was seven.

-shrugs- I suppose it could be worse.

I can't sleep so I packed up my stuff to go home for Thanksgiving break tomorrow. Yes, it's only 10:41 as I type this. That is at least two hours past my bed time. I am a massive morning person like you wouldn't believe...so long as I've had enough sleep. Not enough sleep and I'm screwed. Bad attitude, depression, and angst all spiraling out of control. It becomes a mad house.

So yes, laptop broken. I've commandeered a computer from the first floor computer room to type this and whine to cyberspace about how pathetic my life is. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment